Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ear Aches and Lucky Breaks!

Matt's ear was really hurting him so we got a dr. appt for the morning. All he wanted to do that morning was sit in front of the tv with a blanket, and he kept asking me to come hold him. . . that is a Defiinte sign that he wasn't feeling well. I told him we would go to the doctor and she would give us some medicine to help it feel better, and he was surprisingly very excited about that. I guess the fear of the doctor was no competition for the pain he was in. I sent Alaina with a friend to a swim party and the two boys and I headed off to the doctor with plenty of time to spare. Until we were about a block away from our destination. I heard Matt's little voice from way in the back seat say, "Mom, I have to throw up." Matt has always been so good about telling us when he has to throw, plenty of warning to get him to the toilet or the sink. . .I was sure I had time to get to the side of the road, which I promptly did. But alas, there was no holding back on his part, and I could hear the disaster from the front seat. The poor boy was covered, COVERED, in it. Not a dry piece of clothing. . .even his diaper had chunks in it. So I stripped him down, while calling the dr. office to let them know I would be a bit behind schedule (they were so ornery. . . told me I couldn't be more than 15 minutes late, luckily we were just around the corner). Then as I was trying to console my sick, sad and naked little boy and change his diaper at the same time. . . the darn thing broke, I ripped the veclro tab right off! So now I have a diaperless, naked, vomiting little boy, and a really stinky car.
Needless to say we did get to the doctor on time, Matthew was adorned in an overly large and fairly used Quiznos shirt (which he was embarrassed to be in) and a diaper which hung loosely around one leg. What a zoo! I looked like the mother of the year to be sure. But 20 minutes later, and a few tears to boot, we had a prescription and a promise of a much better feeling ear in a few days. "But No Swimming For a Week" said the doctor. (Not if you have Chuck for a daddy!) The rule has been no head under the water. . . He would be miserable without the pool.
$98 dollar miracle ear healing solution! (Worth it to see a smile on his face again)
But I guess the Lord figured that with all the ear aches and such, he would give me a lucky break! I found this in the parking lot at Carl's Jr. on Saturday. Just lying in the middle of an empty parking lot, waiting for someone to come rescue it from the blistering asphalt and scorching sun. Perchance a car should run over it and crush it to oblivion? Works and everything! Any game suggestions? It had Monster Jam in it already!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW...you had quite the adventure! I hope that Matt is feeling better, and hopefully no more throwing up from him! :) And what luck to find a Nintendo DS in the parking lot. WOW! I'm sure Haley will know some fun games to get...I'm not in the "know" on these kinds of things anymore. :) We love you and hope that Matt is feeling better soon!

Hay said...

Oh my goodness....When I read this I couldn't help but chuckle a little. Not because it was funny that you went through all of this, but only because I have been in the exact same situation before! When it rains it pours right? I hope that Matt is feeling better now. As for the DS games. For a little one like...they have a sesame street game, crayola treasure adventures, go diego safari rescue, also I think he'd probably like the nintendogs one because you get to take care of a pet. However, he'd probably need some help. I usually buy the used games on amazon or go to game stop and buy the used games. They are sooo much cheaper and work just as well! Hope that helps! :)