Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last, but not least....



Ok...So we are the slackers of the family! Somebody had to be last right? ;)
We have been enjoying all of the celebrations that have been going around for Pioneer Day! Yesterday we went to the rec. center so that the kids could swim and play. As we arrived we saw that they were having a carnival for Bountiful's Handcart Days. There were booths, games, rides, pony rides and even handcarts & covered wagons you could pull around just like the pioneers did. It was fun to watch the kids learn about the pioneers and what they used for toys, homes, cars, etc. It made me grateful for cell phones, SUV's, TV, and the wonderful world wide web!!! It was a fun celebration and we even ran into Evan, Andrea and her family! After a really long day we put on some comfy sweats and drove up the hill to a spot where we could enjoy the fireworks. The kids LOVED them! They had some really neat fireworks that I had never seen before! We had a great day together with only one regret....I totally forgot to bring my camera so I wasn't able to capture any of it. :( I guess we will have to do it all again next year!

2 comments:

ffguymon said...

I love this picture of the kids! Sounds like the 24th was fun. We always used to go to the parade when we lived in Bountiful. You'll have to ask Matt about his escapades during the parade one year and his little red bike! He got in tons of trouble that night!

Hay said...

It's one of my favorites as well. They all look so sweet & innocent! I can't wait to hear the story I will ask him right now!:)